Union Yoga is pleased to host racial justice advocate Rachel Ricketts for a curated offering of her Spiritual Activism 101 workshop. This is a special opportunity for yoga teachers, studio staff members and yogis to come together for a sacred and spiritual conversation about how they can commit to anti-racism and inclusion, acknowledge their privilege, confront their fears and learn how to actively contribute to lasting, effective racial justice.
The workshop includes:
• anti-racism education (including history, meaning and applications of race/racism, cultural appropriation, whiteness/white supremacy and their daily consequences, tips for creating inclusive spaces);
• discussion about spiritual activism, spiritual bypassing + how to authentically commit to anti-racism; • intentional journalling to unpack blind spots;
• practical group exercises curated to the yoga/health/wellness space to apply, discuss and share what we've learned;
• transformative breathwork to process, release and let go; • guided meditation to ground; and
• take-away journal exercise for reflection.
Participants will leave feeling supported and empowered in their journey to better show up for themselves and the collective, and most importantly, in incorporating anti-racism into their practice and supporting people of colour (particularly Black and Indigenous women), both on and off the mat in their personal and professional lives.